Friday 10 June 2011

Dangonte Wifey

Long time Ohhh!! Longest EVER time.. forgive me abeg with juggling placements, work and essays I didn't have the time to think talk of blog but I made time after escaping from the boring ends of Hertfordshire to the rough ghetto ends of London... A lot more danger but not boring sha!

Firstlyy... Mek una hear this jam...

So my man took me on a date last night..
Well I wouldn't call it a date sha, e be more like a evening walk that turned to quiet an experience.

He told me that he wasn't going to spend kobo taking me out but i would come home feeling like Dangonte.. I was like
"Louis, u sefff!! Nawa for dis your sweet mouth oh"
but he gave me one of those Just Wait and See smiles.. so na so i see am oh.. in my mind he just to talk jazz but lets watch now.. Dangonte abi? loll

So we jump for bus without touchin in.. then commot for marble arch.
"Wer we de go from here?"
See me see trouble oh, this boy was dragging me to the entrance of Hilton Park Lane Hotel..
 
"Wetin we de do for here?"
He just told me to keep quiet and act like I de flex... We now approached the door.. see oyinbo man open door for us, address ME.. small me as MADAME! my mouth won fall for ground oh,

'wetin de do you.. de no kno ur face oh, as far as they are concern u be dangonte's wifey... start to believe it!'

So as we went towards the reception I had to refrain from looking like one pako by "Ooo-ing" and "Ahhh-ing" at all the little riches planted around the hotel.

"Can i help you sir & madame" Seee respect oh!"


I looked at Louis, abeg ooh.. no shame for this people.. you better have a plan


"Yes, My name is Dr Louis and me and my Fiancée shall be getting married in 2weeks from now and we wanted to check out some of the honeymoon suites in here so we can decide which one we shall come to before we travel to the Maldives for the rest of our honeymoon"

Ekpami Oh!!! Louis wat kind of wohala u wan put me in... honeymoon suite?!... Fiancee?! (although mek i no lie , being called his Fiancee did my body some how.. totori quick catch me lol)
I quickly ripped the primark bracelet of my wrist that was making my primark ring look even more cheap... so with just the ring on, suddenly it was easy for this maga to confuse a £2.99 ring for £29,900.000 ring... I de tell you ohhh!!


"So as i was saying, me and my future wife would like to view some of the best honeymoon suites you people have... money is not a issue for us.. "


SEE HIM SCATTER DER HEAD!!! Oyingbo de look at us confused.. we looked like we just came out of one council estate but with this ridiculous confidence and the right use of English de no dare question us...

As they took us up to the top of the Hilton.  I felt like i was committing a crime for just looking at the artefacts that was worth more than my house loll..
As the concierge showed us to the most expensive honeymoon suites i booooww!! See suite! After taking a look at the bedroom i began to wishhhhh that my honeymoon would start in this very room.. Ehhh!! If na soo!!! O boiiiii!! in fact my mouth no fit talk am! lol...

after the concierge rambled on bout how many nigerians come here and how they could order Nigerian food for Louis if his soul desired it, and how most "chief" Nigerians that come there dash him atleeeaasstt £50 tip for his help in my mind I was thinking
'if this maga now expects me to dash him £50, he de crazzee!!"

Once we enjoyed the feeling of being "rich" we now asked for the price for this suite for 2 nights.. by this time i don bite my tongue hard in order to refrain from the laughter of disbelief that i knew was going to come once i heard the price...


" Sir & Madame, you are lucky... it is actually cheaper that it usually is at this time of the year just a meagre £1760 for those two nights..."

EHHHWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! THAT IS A CAR.. THAT IS TWO TRIPS TO NAIJA... THAT IS 3 OR EVEN 4 GUCCI BAGS.... THAT IS WHOLE YEAAARRRRR RENT!! 
£1760 TUFIAKWA!

But of course I kept all this out my expression sha..

"No kwams oga!" 


louuiisss ooohh, he wan fall my hand speaking pigeon for this people..

"i mean no problem we shall go around and check out The Dochester, then Intercontinental & get back to you.."


"Not a problem Dr Louis, hope you to see you and your fiancée when you are man and wife"

Next stop was the Dochester then Four Seasons...


By the time we got to Intercontinental  Louis was demanding that they should be making Chinese food for there guests and not just french and english food...  and the people were running around asking their staff if they knew where Dr Louis would be able to get some Chinese food... One of them offered to drive us to China town in the Hotel's Bentley... We no fit shout oh! So we told dem not to worry that we would walk their since we where were prestige visitors from Nigeria we would use that as an opportunity to sight see and probably go to Tiffany's to pick the rings for our "upcoming wedding" loool...


Basically the moral of the story or experience in this case was that you are what you think!

Behind them glass windows, people dat would usually act somehow towards us, since we were not rich respected us... it is sad sha that money bring respect but wat louis showed me was that it really about confidence!

Even if u go home and drink garri wen u de walk for road, hold ur head up and FEEL like your something, and u be something!

Me and my man no spend kobo but they treated me like i was Dagonte's wifey! I usually live my life depending on the situation of my pocket.. when money deh u go see me smillllee like nuffin do me.. i go dress like one madame but when money no der, u go see this make belief poverty written in my face... its not good!

 Smile, Dress Good, and Feel Rich! it starts in the mind oh! People will respect u based on your confidence! Truth be told if i we started to talk razz pidgeon whilst we wer der dey would still respect us cus we made dem feel like we were MEANT to be there! Soo Enjoy life joh! Even if money no deh, e go betttttteeeeerrr!!! Act rich Act posh... Behave like one AjePako and u shall soon grow into AjeBota! Even Dagonte the richest man in Nigeria started somewhere... But first it all starts in the mind! 





No wohala! Mek i bounce... My limo is waiting to take me and my bobo to Dubai, we are spending the weekend at the Burj Al Arab...  No-Long-Ting!!


Where i am going to be spending my weekend! Nuffin Do Me!


No comments: